Wind Mitigation Insurance Inspection
What is a Wind Mitigation Inspection?
A Wind Mitigation Inspection is an inspection of the property structural condition / design and hurricane resistance features (hurricane shutters, type of roofing, hurricane tie-down straps, building code that the property was designed to, any additional attic bracing etc.) This can provide huge insurance savings based on the features or installed components of the property. There are three types of Wind Mitigation inspections: 1) Type I (1 and 3 story homes and buildings), Type II (4 to 6 story) and Type III (7 or more story) buildings. Each of these types of inspections require different licensing. Condo Association and or Apartment communities can feel comfortable about calling Certified Inspectors for Type II and III Wind Mitigation as we have staff with the appropriate licensing to satisfy insurance company requirements.
What's Included on a Wind Mitigation Inspection?
Our Wind Mitigation Insurance Inspection includes the following:
- Determination of your property located. Is it on a High Velocity Hurricane Zone (HVHZ).
- Permit search or permit history investigation for building code and structural age determination.
- Determination of roof age and what kind of material the roof was built with.
- Determination of roof material to make sure it meets the Florida Building Code or Miami-Dade Product Approvals.
- Access the attic to determine Roof Deck type, Roof Deck attachments (sheeting), measure the size of nails and use special equipment to determine the spacing of the nails.
- Determine what kinds of Roof-to-Wall attachments there are. Is it toe nails, clips, single straps, double straps or structural. How they are securing the roof.
- Windows, Doors, Skylights, Window coverings such as hurricane panels, hurricane shutters, or impact resistant windows will be verified for wind resistance.
- Roof Geometry will be determined and calculations will have to me made to determine if you have a Hip Roof, a Gable Roof, or any other kind of roof following insurance guidelines.
- Determination of Secondary Water Resistance. Also called as Sealed Roof Deck.
- Opening Protections: Garage door, windows, hurricane shutters, hurricane panels, skylights.
- Product Approval for your Opening Protections and we will ask you to provide documentation.
- We take pictures and include all the pictures required by your insurance company with your report.
Certified Inspectors performed 28 Type II Wind Mitigation in our community in Boca Raton in record time after another inspection company that didn't have the proper licensing disappeared leavings us almost without insurance in the middle of a hurricane season. thank you!!
Prompt, affordable, on time, easy to deal with and all together could not have been a better experience. They delivered us a Windstorm Mitigation Verification for insurance purposes that saved us thousands of dollars in homeowners insurance.
Certified Inspectors have been performing Residential and Commercial Wind Mitigation in South Florida for over a decade. Call us at (561) 570-6311 to schedule an appointment to to have your home inspected by one of our experts.
what else do you get from your trusted certified inspector?
Licensed and Insured
Unbiased Inspection Reports
20+ Years of Construction Experience
Thermal Imaging Inspection Included
Same Day or After Hour Inspection Report Available
State of the Art Video and Paperless Technology
Online Quote and Scheduling 24/7
Price Match Guaranteed
200% Satisfaction Guaranteed.