InfraRed Thermal Imaging Inspections
Miami Dade County 40-Year Building Recertification - Electrical Infrared Inspection Requirement
At their meeting of November 18th, 2021, the Miami-Dade County Board of Rules and Appeals (BORA) approved revisions to its Forty-Year Building Recertification's General Considerations and Guidelines, inclusive of the Structural and Electrical Recertification Inspection Guidelines.
- For electrical systems operating at 400 amperes or greater, an infrared thermography inspection with a written report of the following electrical equipment must be provided as applicable or as otherwise indicated below: busways, switchgear, panelboards except in dwelling unit load centers, disconnects, VFDS, starters, control panels, timers, meter centers, gutters, junction boxes, automatic/manua transfer switches, exhaust fans and transformers. The infrared inspection of electrical equipment shall be performed by a Level-II or higher certified infrared thermographer who is qualified and trained to recognize and document thermal anomalies in electrical systems and possesses over 7 years of experience inspecting electrical systems associated with commercial buildings.
Requirements to Request for Proposal
- Client will need to confirm your building uses more than 400 AMP.
- Client will need to provide photos of all walls (from bottom to ceiling) of all utility rooms and closets where electrical components are to be inspected.
- Client will need to provide a list of the equipment to be inspected, which should be provided by the Engineer/Architect or records. The list should contain the type of equipment, photos and location of the equipment to be inspected.
- If client doesn't provide a list of equipment, our inspectors will be happy to perform a pre-inspection survey at an additional cost.
- A proposal can only be provided after an approved list of equipment is provided or a pre-inspection survey is conducted.
- Terms and Conditions of our inspection agreement will apply.
Call us at (561) 570-6311 to schedule an appointment to have your electrical systems inspected by one of our Level 2 Certified Infrared Thermographers.
what else do you get from your trusted certified inspector?
Licensed and Insured
Unbiased Inspection Reports
20+ Years of Construction Experience
Thermal Imaging Inspection Included
Same Day or After Hour Inspection Report Available
State of the Art Video and Paperless Technology
Online Quote and Scheduling 24/7
Price Match Guaranteed
200% Satisfaction Guaranteed.